XMPP (Openfire) Scalability requirements
Following document was deleted along with the original source, hence to prevent it from disappearing i am reposting this here.
- Database with a JDBC driver, or use the embedded pure Java database.
- Java 5: because Openfire (formerly Wildfire) is a pure Java application, it will run on any platform where Java 5 (JDK 1.5 or better) is available.
SOFTWARE & HARDWARE OPTIONS
- Operating Systems
- Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows 2003
- Linux, Solaris, or other Unix with Java 5 support
- Mac OS X
- MySQL (4.1.x or better recommended)
- Oracle (9i or better recommended)
- Postgres (7.x or better recommended)
- IBM DB2 (v7 or better recommended)
- SQL Server (2000 or better recommended)
- HSQL DB (also used as the embedded database)
- Any other database that has a robust JDBC 2.0 compliant driver
|1-500||At least 384 MB of available RAM and one 1.5 GHz processor.|
|501-10,000||At least 768 MB of available RAM and one 3.0 GHz processor.|
|10,001-25,000||At least 1.5 GB of available RAM, two 3 GHz processors, and one connection manager on the same machine.|
|25,001-100,000||At least 2.0 GB of available RAM, two 3 GHz processors, and between 1 and 4 connection managers based on exact size, each on their own equivalent machine.|
We recommend a backup solution for server-side applications. At a minimum you should back up your database on a regular basis as well as the configuration files for Openfire (note, these are stored in one directory). A backup solution will help you recover from hardware failures or human error (it’s been known to happen!),